#6 Steve Jobs’ 2005 Standford Commencement Address

" Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

This paragraph is my favorite. Before high school, my every important choices are made by my mom or suggested by my sister. When I can choose my high school, I hesitated. Because my score is quite good, I have many choices to choose. But eventually I choosed the lower score high school which teachers didn't expect. Sometimes I doubt my choice, but I think this choice is destined.

At the first day of high school, our class teacher give us a form that "what you want to accomplish in the next 3 years". When the time passed I gradually forgot what I form into that paper. I just that the time pass and let things happen. Suddenly something pop up in my mind. I remembered I want to attend "National High School Skills Competition". At last I represented my school to attend the competition. And I learn the ability that very useful for my college.

At the last year of high school, I start to prepare my another turn point exame. I've set the goal at my first year. I want to study at NTUB. When the score came out, teacher suggest me try NTUT as well. Because my score is high enough, I can challenge my self. Eventually, I pass three school's interview. This moment is really incredible. I never though I could pass these three high score university NYUST, NTUB and NTUT. And I really confused which choice is the best for me. I get many suggestuin from the others. In summary, I still need to decide by my self. I heard a theory that actually you've decided the choice in your mind but you just need someone else to agree your decision. So I follow my heart enter NTUB.

Recall my high school life I made choices by my self. At the commencement our teacher send back the paper "what you want to accomplish in the next 3 years". I achieve them all that I set. I was pretty surprised.

留言

熱門文章